Shining Light Homes exists to empower young mothers and their children who are experiencing difficult times - financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. We provide access to tools and local resources while they work to improve their financial situation through spiritual support, education, training, counseling , and goal setting. Our goal is to enable them to become independent, productive citizens with their own house, a job, childcare and transportation so they can raise healthy, happy children.
Our ultimate goal to have acquire a maternity home for young pregnant mothers who find themselves with no support from family or the father of their baby.
Who are we?
- The Shining Light Homes mission is to provide supervised transitional housing in the Hampton Roads area for single mothers either pregnant or having no more than two children under the age four (4) for a maximum of two (2) years. We are “meeting the immediate needs of young single mothers in crisis.”
- Contact Information: Patti Hall Johnson
- Founded: 2012
- Founder: Patti Hall Johnson
- Headquarters: Chesapeake, Va
- Services: Housing, Education
- No. of Employees: 0
- Area(s) Served: Hampton Road, Virginia
- Hours of operation: 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday and 8:30am - 6:00pm Saturday, Closed on Sunday
- Type: Private