Looking for who is eligible or not, what actions you need to take for Economic Impact Payment from the IRS perspective? Check out this link: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center
Navigating the Stimulus Programs
About Federal CARES Act
IRS: Economic Impact Payment Information Center latest information as of 8 April 2020
You need to be logged in to post messages
IRS: Economic Impact Payment Information Center latest information as of 8 April 20204/8/2020 12:07 PM EDT
According to IRS the following criteria is used for who is NOT eligible to obtain subject payments:
Although some filers, such as high-income filers, will not qualify for an Economic Impact Payment, most will.
Taxpayers likely won't qualify for an Economic Impact Payment if any of the following apply:
- Your adjusted gross income is greater than
- $99,000 if your filing status was single or married filing separately
- $136,500 for head of household
- $198,000 if your filing status was married filing jointly
- You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return. For example, this would include a child, student or older dependent who can be claimed on a parent’s return.
- You do not have a valid Social Security number.
- You are a nonresident alien.
- You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.